Welcome back to crazy little things! I hope everyone is doing ok and if you are not, well that is ok too because you don’t have to be ok all the time as you are only human. Another week down and it’s been an alright week, I think? So earlier today I was thinking about my good shit and bad shit list for this week and why I do it. I have come to the conclusion when dealing with mental illness and things from the past it has given me tunnel vision. So when something bad happens I tend to put my blinders up and all I can concentrate on is the bad thing that is happening. This tunnel vision completely darkens my sky and can honestly make me kind of selfish and a bit of a downer. Seeing the bright side to life is hard when you have this tunnel vision so this is why I started writing the good shit and the bad shit and help me come out of this tunnel vision.
This week’s good shit and bad shit:
• After a difficult start to my motivation this week I have managed to go to the gym a couple of times even though not been feeling the best.
• Camping is booked for the end of the month and I can’t wait to get away for a few days to my happy place away from home.
• I have managed my first week of 4 days back at work. Went quite well and has definitely given me more of a sense of routine again.
• The bitch of anxiety has been on my back most of the week and has caused me to doubt myself a lot.
• I miss my brother we haven’t spoken for over 3 months now and without going into too much detail I’m scared things are too damaged between us.
• This week it has been mental health awareness week and it has been about body image, well my body image view is at an all-time low right now.
So this week there has been some good shit and some bad shit and neither one outweighs the other and that to me is progress. Not every week is going to be amazing but that also means not every week is going to be bad. Things happen, good and bad and when those blinders come off we can see what the tunnel vision was blocking which can give us not hope, but our reality back.