Welcome back to crazy little things! I hope everyone is doing ok and if you’re not well that is ok too because you don’t have to be ok all the time as you are only human. It is only Tuesday and I am already feeling this week I have already learned something, being an adult can fucking suck! I am 29 and I feel like I have the mentality of a 15-year-old.
Do we ever really escape the playground?
Adults bicker as much as children! People can start an all-out war over the smallest things. We all have groups that we talk too and groups who we don’t, and we count down the minutes till break time and home time. Let’s face it adults are kids just with responsibilities and more freedom.
Am I the only one who feels like this?
Don’t get me wrong there are so many pluses about being an adult; I can eat cereal for dinner without someone telling me off, I dictate what I do when I want to do it and that is the problem for someone like me, I hate decisions!
My problems with decisions are:
• The anxiety it can cause, even the smallest decision can send the bitch of anxiety knocking at my door for a two-day visit.
• I overthink a lot, I know overthinking can be linked to anxiety but I also overthink over the good things like having time for self-care.
• I am a worrier, I once couldn’t contact my boyfriend for 2 hours and I managed to convince his mother and also myself that he was missing but when in fact he was actually at the cinema!
• I procrastinate a lot! So if there is a decision I need to make I will put it off and put it off until the last minute.
• FEAR – of making the wrong decision.
Which leads me to my tip of the day –
Let’s learn to say fuck you to fear!
The more we give in to fear the more we can think less of our self’s and what we can do and achieve. For too long I have let fear dictate what I do in my life and I help put my own barriers up by letting fear win. I know that by saying this won’t make me wake up tomorrow and I am cured of all fear but it is being aware of when you need to give yourself that extra push to get past that initial feeling of fear.
Some people write pros and cons lists when making a decision, some people can throw caution to the wind and just go for it. It is all about finding out what is best for you as it is not always one size fits all but your story could inspire someone else and help them face their fear. So I would love to hear what you all do to get past that feeling of fear, please leave a comment below and let’s learn to say fuck you to fear.